Friday, December 5, 2008

The Not Macy's Holiday Parade

Nothing too exciting to report today. We had a holiday parade in Kanab last night, let me tell you, what a show, we are giving Macy's a run for their money! The streets were closed at about 6:55 pm so the parade could commence at 7:00; local businesses made "floats" (decorated cars for the most part) and of course there were the fire trucks and a mildly frightening Smokey the Bear tossing candy to hoards of onlookers. A bunch of Dogtown staff walked dogs (mostly their personal dogs) that were sporting a variety of holiday decor - flashing collars and twinkling lights - and Trixie the miniature horse pulled her pint-sized cart, all aglow with holiday cheer. It was pretty fun, Echo, one of the dogs I was pet sitting a couple of weeks ago was there and I think she licked the face of every kid in the crowd, twice. We walked down Main Street for a couple of blocks, then turned around and went back in the direction from which we had just come. It was quite a show, the streets were opened back up by 7:35 pm.
Elsewhere in life, I am working on finding a more permanent living situation. I am trying to find a good balance between being rational and too picky, which is a surprisingly difficult feat here in Kanab. I have been avoiding the task since I have been here, mostly because I knew that I had some pet sitting jobs lined up and I would be leaving to go back to Ohio for a week around Christmas and it seemed silly to rent a place that I wasn't going to be utilizing for all that time. But I am getting impatient and ready to find somewhere that I can make my own space and worry less about roommates - which is not to say that I don't like my roommate anymore, we are good - I am just ready to be more on my own . . . and get the rest of my suitcases unpacked, I have forgotten what most of my wardrobe even looks like.
That is about all I can think of at the moment, sorry for the shortness and the boringness of the post - it is kind of like Kanab in that regard. Hopefully I will have more exciting stories to tell next week (good/happy exciting, not the other kind, a book I am reading is talking about being careful what you wish for). Again I say, if you have questions, I would be more than pleased to address them and have something more to write about than just random thoughts.
Take care and have a great week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey sis!
So if you had to choose, which dog would you pick as your favorite? Second to Shelby of course!
Love ya
Ben