Sunday, February 7, 2010

Birds

I have a few photos I wanted to share tonight. I will try and write up another post soon about my recent sleepover with Brenda and post some of the (many) photos I have taken when I am hanging out with her.


When I left my house the other day to go up and get Brenda for an outing, this little roadrunner was hanging out in the front yard. I went back inside because I forgot my camera and when I came back out he was wandering down the driveway.
Then it ran across the road (go figure) behind my car and into the yard across the street . . .

. . . where it proceeded to climb a tree, not very gracefully.
When I got up to the sanctuary, I took Brenda for a little drive down to Angel's Landing and we wandered around for a while and then just sat in the car and enjoyed the view and she got some good belly rubbin's. While we were in the car, this flock of turkeys made their way down from the canyon walls and started grazing on the horses' leftover hay. I don't know how many there were exactly, but I can count at least 16 in this photo. When I got out of the car, they all started nervously meandering back to the canyon wall. I am sure five minutes after we were gone they were right back to the buffet.
(Photos copyright Allison Martin.)

1 comment:

Mom said...

You know, that roadrunner looks just like the guy the coyote is always chasing on the cartoon . . .

Did he say "beep-beep"?