Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Girl's Night

First of all, I suck at this. I am going to stop making passing promises of more posts later when I have more time and motivation. They will happen when they happen and we are all going to have to accept that.
Now to the post, back in January I took Brenda on a sleepover and while there were some hiccups in the experience, she had a great time. As it worked out, I ended up doing the sleepover during the worst winter storm of the season. I was staying in one of the BF Cottages because Brenda is not allowed to leave the property due to her bite history (she can go on car rides, but she isn't allowed out of the car off property). She appeared to have a magnificent time, she loved the couch and the beds and despite her weakening back end, she had quite a time launching herself on and off the furniture. There was a power outage, the TV didn't work, and there was no wireless or cell service, so I did a lot of reading. There was a land line but it had a cordless phone, so when the power went out in the middle of a conversation with my Mom, I decided I might as well head to bed . . . at 8:15. Brenda really enjoyed all the cuddle time and I am so glad she got to have a nice night out, I wish I could have enjoyed it a little more myself, but we had a nice time together. She slept next to me on the bed all night and wasn't very excited when I made her get out of the warm bed in the middle of the night to go potty - twice. Every time we would head back to bed, she would have to take a few minutes to rearrange the bedding exactly to her specifications. I had a great time with her, I wish she could be in a home for whatever time she has left. (All photos copyright Allison Martin.)

2 comments:

Clair said...

Beautiful pooch. Looks like my family's dog that I'm about to say goodbye to... so sad. I know what you mean about posting on your blog--just do it when you feel like it, I can't force it either.

Have a good spring and summer!

Anonymous said...

Hi Allison,

That was a great story, in fact I loved reading all your posts.

I was wondering if I might link your blog on my blog?

I want to try to link interesting blogs about dog rescues.

I cant find a way to email you but my email is

haditspentit@yahoo.com

if you want to see my blog first ( just started it) it is
www.lostdogweekend.com

please let me know via email if I can link your blog.
thank you
don