Friday, October 17, 2008

Pet Sitting and Photos

I am just enjoying my second day off this afternoon and thought I would take a little time to write up a quick post. I am heading out into the boonies later today - and I really do mean boonies, I will be about 30 miles outside of Kanab just outside the Coral Pink Sandunes State Park. Tamara, one of the trainers at the sanctuary, is out of town for work and asked me to pet sit for part of the time she is gone, so from tonight (Friday) through Sunday night I will be staying at her house in the middle of nowhere taking care of three of her dogs and her eight cats. It is a beautiful drive to get out there, but it is incredibly remote, cell phones are just paper weights out there, but she does have a land line. I am a little nervous about the whole thing, it is getting into deer migration season around here and they are all over the place, plus there is BLM grazing land all around where I will be driving, so not only do I have to avoid the deer, but cows too. And I am told that if you hit a cow on BLM land you are responsible for all the damage to your vehicle and you have to pay to replace the cow! Tamara says it takes about 30 minutes to get from her house to work, but I think I will be giving myself more like 45, just so I can go slow. When I rode up to her house with her, I also noticed the monster pot holes along the road, the locations of which she seems to have memorized and avoids, I will have to go a lot slower to keep from losing my car in one of these holes. I will be careful though, and it will be nice to have my own space and sleep in a bed for a couple of nights (I am sleeping on a friend's couch right now until I find something more permanent).
On my last post, Ben asked if I might be able to add pictures of some of these dogs that I have mentioned. I don't currently have a digital camera, but I will try posting some photos from the BF website. The ones posted here are those that have an adoption bio on the BF website; Meatball, Rex and Archie don't have bios on the website yet, so I wasn't able to find and photos of those three. Please note that all the following photos are Copyrighted to Best Friends Animal Society.

This is Ophelia, she is the master of the puppy dog face!


This is Ballsy, he can be a tough nut to crack, but a lot of people really love him.

This is Batman, the Heinz 57 that likes to intimidate people at the gate.


This is Marge, the picky eater, I really like her a lot though, she is a very sweet dog and a smiler like Archie.

It is back to work tomorrow, so there isn't a lot of promise for more posts until my next weekend. Have a great week!

No comments: